In October, 1979, landscape architects William Sanders and Larry Wacker formed the firm of Sanders and Associates, Inc.
In 1990 Sanders and Associates, Inc. and the Minneapolis firm of Wehrman Bergly Associates, Inc., — a landscape architecture and planning firm with a history dating back to 1909 — merged their firms to form Sanders Wacker Wehrman Bergly, Inc.
In January, 1997 the name of the firm was again changed to reflect Keith Wehrman's retirement to Sanders Wacker Bergly, Inc.
Though many things have changed — and continue to change — since 1979, a philosophy that has remained constant is that close communications between the client and the design team is crucial to the success of a project, and that one of the firm's principals should be in direct charge of each project.
The success and the reputation for the quality work that our firm has enjoyed is a result of an efficient and dedicated team.